1. My trip to the Philippines in January this year to visit my parents, family and friends and to revisit memories, live like a local for a couple of weeks because it really feels that way everytime…y’know, like I really never left, only with more appreciation of what I left behind.
2. Keeping up with the healthy lifestyle which I started in 2013…clean eating…Paleo…cultivating mind strength, most of all.
3. Trip to NYC and PA: Being able to visit and celebrate with family (cousins galore!) and friends…wedding, sightseeing, reunions, art museums and being able to take Aj with us.
4. Aj’s beautiful experience and safe mission project in Thailand. My heart beamed with pride.
5. Learning how to run and experiencing my first 5K ever
6. Achieving my dream of doing fundraising 5Ks for my causes: Breast Cancer and Prostate Cancer research, in honor of my superheroes: Mommy and Daddy. Thanks to all those who donated to the causes.
7. The Festival of Philippine Arts and Culture (FPAC) held in Los Angeles which I was blessed to be part of
8. A truly random and unexpected opportunity to hang my paintings at a pop up gallery: Clubhouse Cocktail Lounge in Alameda and another one (fingers crossed) hopefully coming up soon: Studio 23!
9. Being interviewed by TAYO Literary magazine for their online blog. It felt so surreal since mine is coming after many art-schooled and extremely talented people
10. TAYO magazine for always believing in my work. Publication coming soon: January 2015
11. The unexpected, the unplanned, the one I said NO to, the one I wasn’t ready for, but the one who surprised me with so much gentleness, loyalty and unconditional love…my current source of peace, the one who quiets my hyperactive and chaotic mind, my bonus: OUR DOG TANK. He wasn’t supposed to be ours, but I’m glad he is ours now. I won’t have it any other way. Yeah, even if I love to be alone and he doesn’t leave me alone…
12. Finally getting a bigger car hahaha. Something I can call “truck” even if it’s just an SUV (yeah hey!), not my dream BMW X3 (yet) because we figured if we were going to buy a spare car we might as well “buy” extra seating. So seven people, yeah, bring it on! #Montero
13. My two besties who are my sounding boards-slash-launching pads…the two people who keep me from chewing my nails and cuticles and eating all my fingers raw: Florence and Ali. Ali for the 26 years of strong friendship that never changed, a huge irrreplaceable puzzle piece. Flo…for always relighting the flame in my heart (and butt!) so I can keep pushing and chasing after my dreams and for always reminding me that the only thing between me and my dreams is the DOING. There is nothing else I want to be but to be to you like how you are to me…
14. My full-time job and also my side business and my studio hours
15. Mommy and Daddy’s continuous survival, healing and bouncing back despite the health issues. Thank you, God, please keep answering our prayers. Day to day, we will fight!
16. My sisters: Lisse for always remembering to call me and check on me and update me (because I’m not the calling type, really) and Trina, for everything that you do…you are the greatest sHero of them all.
17. Aj graduating with a Nursing degree next month. Woohoo!!!
18. Aldred, for always being so supportive, for tolerating my weirdness and creative chaotic mind, for his patience with my ADD and for putting up with all the healthy food I put on the dinner table. Most of all, for all the unconditional love and for believing in me even if sometimes it’s way too much, like I’m really superwoman and/or wonderwoman who can fly or walk on water…(but maybe that’s why most of the time I feel that I am and that I truly can)…
What are you thankful for?